Happy New Year!!
Thank God for 2020 and welcome to the new year. I am thankful for life to see this brand new year. For the challenges and victories of this past year, I thank God for His grace and mercies. The year 2020 was a very challenging one around the world as we all can relate but I am reminded of Andrea Crouch’s song that through all the troubles and victories of 2020, I have learnt to trust in Jesus and depend upon His word. In spite of all the happenings, I can testify that God is still a good, good father.
As many write their new year resolutions and goals they want to achieve for the year, whether it is to loose weight, get a degree, get a new job etc, I want you to know that in 2021, you have been declared VICTORIOUS and MORE THAN A CONQUEROR!!
The scripture reminds us in 2 Corinthians 2 “Thanks be unto God who causes us to triumph....” Roman 8:37 also tells us: “In all these things we are more than conquerors thorough Christ who loved us”. As we travel down the road of 2021, you are already a conqueror !!
To live a victorious life and conquer all through, there are responsibilities we must take on:
1) Stay connected to Jesus Christ for in Him our victory and protection is guaranteed. Stay connected to the one who has the whole world in His hands and directs the affairs of the universe. Keep your gaze not on the temporary unpleasant situation but on Christ alone.
2) Study the word of God and get to know God deeper. That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection should always be our heart cry. Scripture tells us in Daniel 11:32 “...they that do KNOW their God shall be strong and do exploits”. In His word is the answer to every issue of life. Study and be a doer of the WORD.
3) Create your realities on the altar of Prayer. This year, let prayer be your lifestyle. Men do not rise by mistake; be very intentional about your results. Pray until something happens and never stop praying. Philippians 4:6 reminds us, “Do not be anxious for nothing but in everything by prayers and supplications, with thanksgiving, let your request be made known unto God”. We serve a prayer answering God and He answers anytime we come to Him.
4) Faith— Faith in God can move mountains no matter how great they are! Your faith level must be built high. Faith is built by listening to the word of God. Build your faith and activate it too. Walk by faith and not by sight.
5) Speak life. In the beginning, the Bible records the earth was without form and void. Nothing was in existence until God started speaking. Everything we see created is a product of the spoken WORD of God. "Let there be.... and there was..." God spoke things into existence and it came to pass. This year I beseech you, no longer should you tolerate anything which is without form in your life or any rubbish the enemy throws at you.
We carry the creative power of the Almighty and it's time for us to act like your father by CALLING THINGS to pass! Nothing happens until we SPEAK! God spoke and it came to pass; we need to SPEAK! Speak life!
Nothing of value is ever free; to see a graceful, conquering, blissful and victorious 2021, we must be ready to pay the price and take on these responsibilities.
With God’s help, we can do this!
We are more than conquerors!